WELCOME...

free web hit counter

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Month Of Fantasy... Reading Is Paramount



Things I Wish My Mother Had Told Me
{A Guide to Living with Impeccable Grace and Style}
By: Lucia van der Post

I Love Your Style
{How to Define and Refine Your Personal Style}
By: Amanda Brooks

Every so often, when time permits, I love to spend my day in a Barnes & Noble or Borders book store (F.Y.I I'm Team Borders). This week time happened to permit such an excursion. I could literally spend my whole day in a book store. Tell we where else can you find movies, music, magazines, books, a cafe and candy. Anyway... It wouldn't be the "Month Of Fantasy" without the mention of a couple good books. One of the books that I picked up and recommend is "I Love Your Style, How to Define and Refine Your Personal Style" by Amanda Brooks. This book would be great for those who love magazines. Its not a hard read at all. The book is full of fashion advice, personal stories, style icons and pictures. Lots and Lots of pictures. its an easy breezy book full of vintage "know how" and current "say so". The second book I picked up and recommend is "Things I Wish My Mother Had Told Me, A Guide to Living with Impeccable Grace and Style" by Lucia van der Post. This book would be for you girls who need a little extra help in the etiquette department. The author took her life discoveries of "know how and say so" and turned it into a 368 pages of advice. From practical tips and first hand recommendations, to embarrassing stories and life lessons Lucia takes you on a journey to become the best you in case your mother wasn't around to tell you to say "Please & Thank You". I bought other books such as "The Complete Grimm's Fairy Tales" and "Holiday on Ice" by David Sedaris, but since this is a fashion blog those purchases will be discussed another time.

Whats Fantasy without using your imagination.
I Heart Reading

Vincent-Marc aka Style Jerk

No comments:

Post a Comment