WELCOME...

free web hit counter

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

First Up: Burberry Prorsum

BURBERRY PRORSUM
2011 Spring/Summer

The above photo is a still from the recent Burberry show in London. But before I get into that, lets build this up shall we... I like to start off my season's reports with the people I absolutely loved the previous season. That being Burberry, Chole, Balenciaga and Vera Wang just to name a few. This year I decided to start with the brand that still burns a hole in my mind with their double shearling collars, Burberry Prorsum. The show got not so great reviews and the NY Times really gave it a beating (http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/22/burberry-killer-heels/?ref=style), but all in all I didn't think it was that bad. The Studded Leathers were young and fun and I could see those making every editorial photo shoot and on the backs of the young elite. The Cropped Trenches were also adorable. It was fabric choice that threw me off a little. Lots of Leather. I guess you are transitioning from winter to spring when these clothes hit the store but I wanted something a little more airy and softer. I can't say I was a fan of the quilted pants and leggings though. On the wrong person I see them being a disaster. And a few of the frocks were plain, and short to the point of ass-posure, but over all I liked the collection.
Now lets get to tippy tumbles you see in the photo. As cute as the shoes were, you can clearly see that the girls had a hard time walking in the 4inch booties and pumps. The girl you see above started off with her feet crushed and hurting and struggled the whole show. So it was no surprise when she tipped over and almost lost it towards the end. So Chris my good friend you might want to do a once over on the footwear...

The Show...

Dont Worry Mr. Bailey, there's always fall/winter 2011-2012

To fashion so good it hurts,
Style Jerk

No comments:

Post a Comment